Look who's poking up cheery little faces!
I saw them coming, but didn't realize how close they were to blooming.
It is so lovely to see that sometimes, hard work pays off. I did so much digging and planting last year. I think not everything I planted last fall has survived, thanks to the rabbits...
but these did!
My other surprise this week was not a good one. I got to the heel on these socks:
and discovered that, due to a gauge issue, they are a full inch longer than they're supposed to be. Annie at the Loop suggested that rather than frog them down past the heel, I cut off the toe and an inch of the colorwork. Unfortunately getting the stitches picked up in colorwork is proving to be a huge challenge, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do after the tears dry up.
I decided that the CxSR fleece would be perfect dyed pink and spun in a 3 ply. It sounds like a much better project right now than those darned socks.
Wish me luck.